Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
On behalf of our client we are looking for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to built up and lead our company and control all strategic and business aspects of the company. You will be the first in command in the company and responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
To thrive as a CEO you must be a experienced leader and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. You will have full responsibility for the company’s operations and financial performance, reporting to the company’s Board of Directors. The goal is to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success. At the same time, there is intensive work on motivation and employee care, both physical and mental. In addition to day-to-day operational responsibilities, you will work with the Board to develop plans and ensure implementation of growth and escalation plans.
The company is 14 years old, is in the field of sales and service. The position is allocated in the Copenhagen area. The company has a good hold and contact with its customers, many of which have been customers for many years.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission;
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives;
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial team;
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits;
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders;
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements;
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company;
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
Requirements and the right amount of talent
- Minimum 15 years experience as CEO or in other managerial position on C-level;
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision and projects;
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as Human Resources management, talent management, organisation development, marketing, PR, finance and IT;
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles;
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.;
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices, especially Danish and EU law;
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership competencies and skills;
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving competencies;
- Excellent communication and public speaking competencies;
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field;
- MSc in Management;
- It is a requirement that you can understand, speak and write Danish and English, at an advanced level: C1 C2;
- It will be a requirement that you have worked and have solid experience from a sales and service company, and that you can represent the company, for example by, from time to time, attending customer visits.
- The position is based in Denmark, in the Copenhagen area;
- The position includes a new car are provided in Denmark, Maximum DKK 600.000. The car will be replaced after 3 years. Allocated mileage for the car is set at: 3.000 kilometers per month. The chosen car must be available through our leasing company;
- All travel over 4 hours, can be made in business class;
- The position reports directly to the owner, Chairman;
- The annual salary will be negotiated around USD 250.000-275.000 annually plus pension scheme (company paid pension part of 14%), bonus system;
- Working time is formally set at 37-hour week excluding travel time, and 7 weeks of accrued vacation annually;
- No payment is offered for any overtime;
- A new apple computer, an apple phone, paid internet at home are provided. Health insurance, legal insurance and paid travel insurance.
The advisor responsible for this assignment is Mikkel Foss. All applicants will be provided with direct contact details.
The position requires travel insurance, and the insurance company will require proof of health before insurance can be taken out.
The position also requires the ability to travel internationally around 45 travel days per year.
Please note the requirement for an MSc in Management.
Our client is looking for a new CEO with many years of solid experience, and particularly encourages candidates with solid years of experience, preferably from several different positions to apply for the position. We do not select for age, but for the right amount of talent, years of experience and knowledge of how to optimize a business, create growth and emphasis will be placed on you having scaled a business to multiple countries.